It’s now been several months since the Alberta and Greater Toronto Area floods, both of which have been recorded as being among the top three most expensive catastrophes in Canadian history. The weeks following these events were definitely challenging and at RSA we leveraged our network and global resources to make it through what was one of the busiest times for our industry.
We’re pleased to share RSA’s response has been well received by our broker partners and customers alike. We strongly believe the results we’ve achieved during this period can be attributed to our customer obsession – we are focused on doing what’s right for our customers by putting them first and placing them at the heart of everything we do.
With close to 2000 claims reported in the months of June and July, we demonstrated our commitment to our customers through:
- Developing and executing a plan of action to meet the needs of these unique events
- Best in class processes that involved assembling additional resources from various business lines in Canada and across the RSA Group globally
- Regular communication including broker updates and tips
- Our Claims Guarantee; and
- Superior vendor management.
We are extremely proud of the work and commitment from our people at this time.
There is definitely still work to be done but we’re confident we’ve got the right people and plan in place to continue providing you and your customers with ‘best in class’ claims service.
We will continue to keep you updated and informed on our progress. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Michael Ilnycky, Director Claims & Corporate Services, Western Region, RSA
Larissa Maclean, Director Ontario Claims, RSA