Home appraisals are a key part of any home insurance policy. At RSA Insurance, we want to provide you, our valued broker partners, with added information you can share with your clients to ensure they understand the importance of having adequate home coverage.
We want to help policyholders better understand their coverage and the options available to them. Providing additional tools helps reinforce the value and expertise that comes with choosing a broker.
WHY SHOULD CLIENTS HAVE HOME APPRAISAL AND WHAT’S INVOLVED? (CLICK HERE TO FOR DOWNLOADABLE PDF TO SHARE WITH YOUR CLIENTS)
Take advantage of RSA’s value-added appraisal service to:
- Establish the reconstruction cost of a new home.
- Review the safety of your clients and their family.
Our appraisal services are done in a professional, timely and confidential manner and involve the following steps:
- An appraiser will contact your client to set up a walk-through of their home and all buildings on the property.
- The appraisal includes: determining the type of construction of the home, visiting all interior areas to make note of the finishes and features, reviewing the plumbing, heating and electrical systems, calculating the size of the home and reviewing the safety of the home.
- Appraiser prepares an appraisal report that includes information on their home, a reconstruction cost valuation, a diagram of the home, photos and recommendations, if any, to improve the safety of your client and their family.
- All appraisal reports go through a quality control review before being submitted for underwriting review.
- Upon completion of the underwriting review, a copy of the report is available for you to present to your client.
The RSA appraisal service ensures your clients are adequately insured and may provide important, practical insurance requirements and suggestions to improve the safety of their homes.